Easy Steamed Broccoli
by May 16, 2017,
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
Fresh broccoli is just as easy to fix as frozen. All you have to do is cut the florets from the crowns and steam.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- Cut the broccoli crowns into small florets.
- Put about an inch of water into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Put the broccoli florets into a steamer insert or steamer basket and place over the boiling water. Reduce heat to keep the water simmering and cover the pan.
- Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, until the broccoli is just tender.
- Meanwhile, put the butter and garlic halves, if using, in a skillet over medium heat. When the butter stops foaming, remove it from the heat. Let stand while the broccoli cooks.
- Discard the garlic pieces, if using, and toss the steamed broccoli with the butter. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
Makes 6 Servings
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Broccoli Crunch Salad
Homemade (no soup) Broccoli Casserole with Rice and Cheese