by March 29, 2017,
Photo Credit: Dianaskitchen.com
This amazing dish is surprisingly easy to fix, and it makes a wonderful meal with garlic bread or a simple salad. The pasta should be hot when the eggs are added, but not so hot that they end up scrambled.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- Fill a large pot with water and 2 teaspoons of salt and place it over high heat.
- Meanwhile, put the bacon in a skillet over medium heat and cook until crisp. Drain on paper towels and then transfer to a large bowl. Add the garlic to the skillet and cook for about 1 minute. With a slotted spoon, remove the garlic to the bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs with half the Parmesan cheese; set aside.
- Add the spaghetti to the boiling water and cook until al dente. Reserve about 1/2 to 3/4 cup of the hot pasta water and then quickly drain the pasta in a colander. Add the hot drained pasta to the bacon and garlic in the bowl and toss to combine thoroughly.
- Add the egg and cheese mixture to the pasta and toss, adding enough of the reserved pasta water to make a creamy sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste. If desired, toss with some chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley.
- Serve the pasta with the reserved Parmesan cheese.
3 to 4 Servings
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Spaghetti With Mushrooms, Bacon, and Parmesan Cheese
Basic Homemade Gnocchi
Ham and Asparagus With Fettuccine