Sour Cream Cookies
by May 10, 2017,
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
These sour cream cookies are perfect for lunchboxes. Store the cookies in sealed containers to keep them soft. They freeze well, too.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, cream butter, brown sugar, and 1/2 cup of granulated sugar until light and smooth. Add the egg and beat until fluffy. Stir in sour cream and vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and nutmeg; blend well. Stir the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture. Cover the bowl and chill the dough for 1 to 2 hours, or until firm.
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper or grease the pans.
- Place small balls of dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Grease bottom of a glass then dip in cinnamon sugar. Press a walnut or pecan half firmly onto the top of each cookie, flattening each cookie slightly.
- Combine the 2 tablespoons of sugar with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and sprinkle over the cookies.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove to racks to cool.
- As soon as the cookies are completely cooled, transfer to a tightly covered container for storage.
Makes About 5 Dozen Cookies
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
5-Ingredient Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Brown Sugar Drop Cookies
Apple Cookies With Raisins Recipe