Raspberry Cake With Crumb Topping
by May 11, 2017,
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
This snack cake features fresh raspberries and a buttery crumble topping.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Pick the raspberries over and discard damaged berries. Rinse the raspberries under cold water; set aside to dry.
- Heat the oven to 325 F.
- Grease and flour an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Combine the 2 cups of flour, baking powder, soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat 4 ounces of butter with 3/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Beat in egg until well blended. Add about a one-third of the flour mixture and half of the milk. Beat on low speed until smooth. Add another one-third of the dry mixture and the remaining milk and beat until smooth. Add remaining dry mixture and beat until smooth.
- Spread the batter in the prepared baking pan and then scatter raspberries evenly over the top of the batter.
- Combine the 4 tablespoons of butter with 1/3 cup of flour, the 1/2 cup sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix with a fork until well blended. Sprinkle the crumb mixture evenly over the raspberry layer.
- Bake the cake for 50 to 60 minutes, until a cake tester or wooden pick comes out clean. Cool completely on a rack then cut into squares.
Makes About 6 to 9 Servings
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Raspberry Muffins with Streusel Topping