Purple Slaw With Cilantro Lime Dressing
by April 28, 2017,
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
This is the perfect slaw to serve on fish tacos. I like it on pulled pork or chicken, and it is excellent on fajitas as well.
The purple cabbage should be shredded thinly, preferably with a mandoline. Or cut the cabbage into wedges, remove the tough core, and slice the wedges crosswise as thinly as possible.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- Shred the red and green cabbage and toss them together in a large bowl.
- Shred the carrots and chop the green onions and cilantro; add them to the cabbage mixture.
- In another bowl, combine the lime juice, sugar, peanut oil, salt and pepper, to taste, and chili garlic paste, if using.
- Pour the dressing mixture over the salad.
- Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
North Carolina Coleslaw
Colorful Cole Slaw