Glazed Poppy Seed Muffins
by March 28, 2017,
Photo Credit: Dianaskitchen.com
These poppy seed muffins are finished with a simple sweet glaze. Flavor the muffins and glaze with vanilla extract or almond extract.
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 23 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- Heat the oven to 375 F.
- Grease 16 muffin cups or line them with paper cupcake liners.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and soda, salt, and poppy seeds. Stir to blend thoroughly.
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat the 14 tablespoons of softened butter with the granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and 1 teaspoon of vanilla or 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract until well blended.
- With the mixer on low speed, beat in the flour mixture, alternating with the buttermilk. Beat just until thoroughly blended.
- Fill the muffin cups about two-thirds full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 23 to 26 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin will come out clean when they're done.
- While the muffins are baking, make the icing. Combine the powdered sugar with the melted butter, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract or 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla, and 3 tablespoon of milk or half-and-half. Whisk or beat unti smooth. Add more milk or half-and-half as needed for a thin glaze.
- When the muffins test done, remove the pans to a rack to cool slightly.
- Remove the warm muffins to a rack and drizzle with the glaze.
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Banana Bran Muffins
Maple Muffins With Brown Sugar and Bacon Topping