Homemade Pigs in a Blanket
by April 13, 2017,
What sets this version apart from the crescent roll hot dogs is the homemade biscuit dough. The little hot dogs are wrapped in a completely homemade cheese biscuit dough. Make them with cocktail sausages or wrap hot dogs cut into thirds.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 13 minutes
Total Time: 28 minutes
- In a bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cayenne pepper.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender until well blended and the texture of meal(or pulse food processor).
- Stir in the sour cream and cheese until well blended.
- Divide the dough into two parts and shape into flattened disks. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill for about 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Roll out one portion of the dough to a 1/8-inch thickness on a floured surface; cut into 2 1/2-inch squares with a cutter or by hand. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Lay a mini hot dog across a square of dough diagonally and bring two corners over and seal well by pinching, forming the "blanket."
- Place the wrapped hot dog on the prepared baking sheet and repeat with remaining dough and hot dogs.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 12 to 14 minutes, until browned.
36 to 42 Appetizer Servings
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Hot Dog and Potato Bake
Saucy Hot Dogs