Weekend Potato Salad
by May 6, 2017,
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
This potato salad is a flavorful combination of potatoes, hard-boiled eggs, and a mustard and mayonnaise dressing.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
*For best texture, use new potatoes, red skinned potatoes, or other boiling potatoes.
- Put the potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with water and add 2 teaspoons of salt. Place the pan over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover the pan, and cook for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
- When the potatoes have cooled, put them in a large bowl. Add the celery, red onion, and hard-boiled eggs.
- In a small bowl, combine the pickle and juice, 1/2 cup of mayonnaise, and 1 teaspoon of mustard. Add 1/4 teaspoon of salt and the pepper. Blend well.
- Gently stir the dressing mixture into the potato mixture. Add more mayonnaise or mustard, as needed, and adjust seasonings, to taste.
- Refrigerate the salad until thoroughly chilled.
4 to 6 Servings
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Mom's Potato Salad
Warm Potato Salad With Smoked Sausage
German Potato Salad