Peanut Butter Chocolate Swirl Cake
by April 28, 2017,
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
Chocolate cake batter is swirled into the peanut butter batter in this moist and delicious marble cake. The fluffy chocolate frosting is the perfect topping for the cake, and it's the perfect size for a family treat.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Grease and flour an 8-inch square baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat peanut butter and 1/2 cup of butter together. Beat in brown sugar until light; add eggs and 1 teaspoon of vanilla and beat until blended.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt; whisk or stir to blend.
- Gradually beat in about one-third of the flour mixture and 1/2 cup of the milk. Repeat additions with another one-third of the flour and 1/2 cup of milk and then add the remaining flour. Beat just until blended.
- Measure about 1 cup of the batter into a small bowl.
- Spread half of the remaining light batter into prepared pan.
- Into the reserved batter, stir in the 2 ounces of melted chocolate until well blended.
- Drop chocolate batter onto the light batter; spread over the light batter.
- Spoon remaining light batter over the chocolate layer; spread carefully.
- Run a knife or small spatula through the batter to create a swirled effect.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool in the pan on a rack for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the frosting. In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, combine the remaining 2 ounces of melted chocolate with the confectioners' sugar, 4 tablespoons of butter, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Gradually add the milk, beating until smooth and creamy.
- Invert the cooled cake onto a cake plate or leave it in the pan. Spread the frosting over the cooled cake.
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Buttermilk Chocolate Cake With Pecan Praline Topping
Chocolate Sponge Cake Recipe