by May 17, 2017,
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
This mashed cauliflower is a delicious low carb mashed potato replacement. Use the garlic or leave it out.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- Trim the cauliflower and discard the leaves. Separate the florets and discard the tough stem. Put the cauliflower in a saucepan and cover with water; add the minced garlic, if using, and about 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Place the pan over high heat and bring the cauliflower to a boil. Cover the pan and reduce heat to medium-low. Continue boiling for about 15 minutes, or until the cauliflower is very tender. Drain well.
- Mash the cauliflower lightly with a potato masher and transfer it to a fine mesh stainer set over a bowl. Press the cauliflower with a large spoon or the bottom of a cup to press out as much moisture as possible.
- Put the cauliflower in a food processor with the cream and the butter. Process until smooth. Alternatively, use a potato masher for coarser texture.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Cauliflower Fried Rice
Mexican Cauliflower Rice