Grilled Ribs With Chipotle Rub and Maple Apple Grill Sauce
by May 9, 2017,
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
A chipotle pepper rub and maple applesauce grill sauce flavors these succulent grilled spareribs. If you don't have chipotle powder, use some cayenne for heat.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours 20 minutes
Meanwhile, prepare the sauce.
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Line a large roasting pan with foil and then brush lightly with oil.
- Cut the spareribs into serving-size portions. Combine the brown sugar, pepper, onion powder, salt, chili powder, and 1 teaspoon of ground chipotle pepper. Generously rub the ribs with the seasoning mixture and them in the prepared pan, meaty side down.
- Bake the ribs for 45 minutes. Turn and bake for 45 minutes longer.
- Prepare the grill for medium direct heat.
- Brush the ribs with the maple apple barbecue sauce and grill for about 15 minutes.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet or saucepan over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute longer. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer. Lower heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, for about 5 minutes.
- Makes about 2 cups of sauce.
Makes 4 to 6 Servings
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Chinese Spareribs With Honey and Garlic
Barbecued Spareribs, Baked
Saucy Crockpot Spareribs Recipe