Easy Grilled Chicken
by April 27, 2017,
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
This grilled chicken is brushed with a simple seasoned vinegar and oil mixture. Serve the chicken with your favorite barbecue sauce or a sweet-sour sauce.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- Heat a gas grill for high direct heat, about 450 F. If you are using a charcoal grill, prepare one side for high heat and the other side medium heat.
- Sprinkle the chicken pieces all over with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine the water, vinegar, oil, and crushed red pepper.
- Sear the chicken over high heat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Lower the heat to medium, or about 350 F or move the chicken to the lower heat side.
- Brush the chicken pieces with some of the sauce.
- Close the grill lid and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Brush the chicken pieces again and turn; close the lid and cook for 10 minutes longer.
- Repeat brushing and turning 2 to 3 more times, or until the chicken tests done. The safe minimum temperature for chicken and other poultry is 165 F. Check in several places (not touching bone) with a reliable instant-read thermometer.
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Peach Barbecue Sauce
Slow Cooker Lemon and Garlic Chicken Thighs
Hot and Spicy Hunan Chicken