Chocolate Chunk Cookies
by April 15, 2017,
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
These chocolate chunk cookies are delicious drop cookies made with lots of butter and a combination of brown and granulated sugars. Use chocolate chips or a combination of white chocolate and chocolate chips in the cookies.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- Heat oven to 375 F.
- Grease baking sheets or line with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla until well blended.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder, and soda. Stir or whisk to blend thoroughly.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture and mix until well blended. Fold the chocolate chunks into the batter.
- Drop by heaping teaspoon or small cookie scoop onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving about 2 inches between cookies.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the cookies are set and lightly browned around edges.
- Makes 4 to 5 dozen cookies, depending on size.
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Brown Sugar Shortbread
Coconut and Chocolate Chip Cookies