Cauliflower Fried Rice
by May 11, 2017,
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
This cauliflower fried rice is a surprisingly flavorful low carb version of everyone's favorite fried rice. I used frozen grated cauliflower in the recipe, but freshly grated cauliflower can be used as well.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Total Time: 33 minutes
- If you are using fresh cauliflower, grate it using a grater or food processor with the medium to large-hole disk. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl with a dash of salt.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of peanut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the beaten eggs and cook, stirring and breaking up, until set. Remove the eggs to a plate and set aside. Wipe out the pan.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of peanut oil in the skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring, until translucent, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the minced garlic and ginger and continue cooking for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the grated cauliflower, soy sauce, and chili paste to the skillet and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the vegetables and continue cooking and stirring for about 5 minutes. Stir in sesame oil and scallions. Add the eggs to the mixture. Taste and adjust seasonings with more salt or soy sauce, as needed. Stir to blend and heat through.
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Cauliflower Spanish "Rice" With Ground Beef
Garlic and Parmesan Cauliflower Rice
Low Carb Cauliflower "Macaroni and Cheese"