Buttermilk Waffles With Variations
by May 7, 2017,
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
These basic buttermilk waffles are easy and versatile. See the many possible variations below the recipe.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- Preheat the waffle iron.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs with the buttermilk until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir until blended. Don't overmix; there will be some lumps in the batter.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron until waffles are golden brown.
- Serve waffles with syrup or fruit.
- Add 1 tablespoon of finely grated orange zest or 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Add 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- Fold 1/2 cup of finely chopped walnuts or pecans into the batter.
- Fold 2/3 cup of fresh blueberries (of frozen unthawed) into the batter.
- Fold 1/3 cup of mini semisweet chocolate chips in to the batter.
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Basic Fluffy Blueberry Pancakes Recipe