Buttermilk Pizza Crust
by May 12, 2017,
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
This pizza crust can be made in the bread machine or but hand. Buttermilk and some cornmeal add flavor and texture.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- Add all of the ingredients to the bread machine pan following your bread machine manufacturer's suggested order. Choose the dough cycle and perss the start button.
- When the dough is finished, turn out onto a floured surface. Roll out to fit your pizza pan (approximately 12 to 16 inches, depending on the size of the pan and thickness of crust).
- Heat the oven to 400 F.
- Dust the pizza pan with a small amount of cornmeal.
- Fit the dough into the pan and cover with a clean kitchen towel; let the dough stand for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Spread with sauce, toppings, and cheeses of your choice.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes, or until nicely browned and cheese and toppings are melted and bubbly.
Makes About 6 Servings
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Beer Pizza Crust
Basic Pizza Dough