Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
by May 19, 2017,
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
These blueberry cheesecake bars are flavored with lemon juice and zest. The bars are made with a shortbread crust.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Lightly butter a 9-inch square baking pan.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, pecans, brown sugar, and softened butter. Work the mixture together with fingers until crumbly. Reserve about 1/2 cup of the crumbs and set aside.
- Pat the remaining crumbs in the prepared baking pan. Bake for 12 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove to a rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the lemon juice and zest, granulated sugar, vanilla, and egg. Beat on medium speed for 2 to 3 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl occasionally.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on the browned crust. Sprinkle evenly with the blueberries and then sprinkle the reserved crumb mixture over the blueberries.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes longer, or until lightly browned.
- Cool and then cover and refrigerate until serving time.
Makes 16 Servings
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Semi Homemade Brownies With Penuche Frosting