Maple Muffins With Brown Sugar and Bacon Topping
by March 28, 2017,
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
Maple syrup and bacon team up in these fabulous muffins. The muffin batter is made with butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, and sour cream, making a soft and moist muffin. The bacon and brown sugar topping is the perfect finishing touch.
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- Heat the oven to 400 F.
- Grease and flour a 12-cup muffin tin or line the cups with paper cupcake liners.
- In a mixing bowl, combine 2/3 cup of the diced bacon with the flour, 1/2 cup of brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir to blend thoroughly. Set the remaining 1/3 cup of bacon aside for the topping.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the milk with the melted butter, 1/2 cup of maple syrup, sour cream, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the milk and egg mixture into the dry mixture and stir until blended.
- Fill the prepared muffin cups about three-quarters full.
- Combine the reserved 1/3 cup of diced bacon, 2 tablespoons of flour, 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, and 1 tablespoon of maple syrup. Stir with a fork or fingers until crumbly.
- Sprinkle the crumb mixture evenly over the tops of the muffins.
- Bake the muffins in the preheated oven for 17 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of a muffin.
- Cool the muffins on a rack.
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Banana Bran Muffins
Maple Oatmeal Cookies
Southern Bacon Cheddar Cornbread