Skillet Sausage and Potatoes
by Updated April 5, 2017,
Smoked sausage, onion, apples, and potatoes make up this flavorful and easy skillet recipe. This is a one dish meal cooked in a skillet. Use andouille sausage or your favorite smoked sausage in this recipe. Kielbasa would be great in this dish, but a chicken sausage could work as well.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Total Time: 38 minutes
- Place sausage, potatoes, and water into a Dutch oven or large pot; cover tightly and cook over medium-high heat 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cut onion into 12 wedges; core and cut each apple into 8 wedges.
- Drain sausage and potatoes, and cut potatoes into wedges.
- In large skillet, cook and stir onion and apples in 1 tablespoon butter 4 minutes, or until apples are just tender. Remove from skillet.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon butter; add potatoes and cook, covered, over medium-high heat until tender and golden brown, stirring occasionally (about 5 minutes).
- In a bowl, combine vinegar, sugar and caraway seed.
- Reduce heat; return sausage, apple mixture and vinegar mixture to frying pan and cook 1 minute, or until sausage and potatoes are heated through, stirring gently.
- Sprinkle sausage mixture with parsley and serve.
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Skillet Recipes Index