Orange Yogurt Pound Cake
by Updated April 23, 2017,
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
This is a delicious orange pound cake made with orange juice, zest, and orange yogurt and baked in a Bundt cake pan.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Grease and flour a 12-cup bundt cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg whites until foamy. Beat in cream of tartar and 1/2 cup of the sugar; continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, cream butter and the remaining 1 1/2 cups of sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Blend in the orange zest and orange juice.
- Sift the flour with the baking soda and salt.
- Add one-third of the flour mixture to the batter, blending on low speed. Blend in half of the yogurt. Repeat with another one-third of the flour mixture and the remaining yogurt. Blend in the remaining flour until smooth. Fold the beaten egg whites into the batter until thoroughly incorporated.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes; turn out onto a serving plate or rack to cool completely.
- Dust with powdered sugar or drizzle with a glaze.
Calories per serving: 322
Fat per serving: 13.8g
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
More Pound Cakes
Lemon Pound Cake
Chocolate Pound Cake
Half Pound Cake Recipe