by Updated April 23, 2017,
Chicken is browned then simmered with potatoes and served with a tangy seasoned sauce.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- Wash and pat chicken dry.
- In a heavy skillet, heat oil over medium heat; add the paprika to the oil and stir. Brown chicken on all sides; sprinkle with the flour, salt, and pepper.
- Pour boiling chicken broth or water over the chicken.
- Arrange potatoes onions around the chicken.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 45 minutes, until potatoes are tender and chicken is cooked.
- Remove vegetables to a platter.
- Stir into the remaining liquid (skim off fat if desired) the evaporated milk and vinegar.
- Heat through and serve with the chicken.
Calories in 1 chicken quarter: 337
Fat in 1 chicken quarter: 18.0g
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
More Chicken Recipes
Chicken Thighs and Rice
Chicken Macaroni Casserole
Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
Apple-Honey Grilled Chicken