by Updated April 22, 2017,
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
Delicious chocolate brownies are made with butter, sugar, chocolate chips, and other ingredients. Use pecans or walnuts in these brownies, or leave the nuts out altogether.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- Heat the oven to 325 F.
- In a saucepan over medium heat combine the sugar, butter, and water; bring just to the boiling point, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in chocolate and vanilla, stirring until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into chocolate mixture. Stir in about half of the chopped pecans or walnuts.
- Transfer to a greased and floured 8-inch square baking pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining chopped pecans or walnuts.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until edges are firm.
- Cool on rack in pan. Cut into squares.
Makes about 16 brownies
Calories per serving: 182
Fat per serving: 10.8g
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
More Brownie Recipes
Chocolate Brownie Recipe with Pecans
Brownie Recipe with Pecans