Molasses Date Bars with Cinnamon Frosting
by Updated April 22, 2017,
These date bars are made with spices and pecans along with an easy easy cinnamon and powdered sugar frosting.
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 30
Total Time: 42 minutes
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, cream butter, sugar, and molasses until light; add egg and beat until light and fluffy. Add sifted dry ingredients, 3/4 cup of the pecans, and dates. Mix well.
- Put batter in a greased and floured 9-inch square pan.
- Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes.
- While bars are still warm, drizzle with frosting and sprinkle with remaining chopped pecans. Cool in pan then cut into bars.
- Mix together confectioners' sugar, milk, salt, and cinnamon until smooth.
Makes about 16 bars
Calories per bar: 254
Fat per bar: 11.1g
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Chocolate Coconut Squares
Chocolate Coconut Swirl Bars
Chocolate Malt Bars with Malted Milk Frosting