Baked "Oven Fried" Eggplant
by Updated April 18, 2018,
This battered and baked eggplant is tasty topped with tomato sauce and Parmesan cheese.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Heat the oven to 325 F.
- Peel eggplant and cut into 1/4-inch rounds. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then dredge with flour.
- Put the beaten egg into a shallow bowl.
- Put the bread crumbs in another bowl.
- Dip the eggplant rounds in the beaten egg, then coat with the bread crumbs.
- Place in a lightly buttered casserole. Dot with butter.
- Bake for 1 hour.
Calories per serving: 167
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
More Eggplant Recipes
Baked Eggplant with Cheddar Cheese
Eggplant Skillet with Ground Beef
Eggplant Parmesan Recipe