Ellen's Blueberry Muffins
by Updated April 16, 2017,
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
With vegetable oil, sugar, flour, egg, and milk, these blueberry muffins are easy to mix and bake. Serve these muffins warm. The muffins also freeze well.
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 37 minutes
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Grease fourteen muffin cups or line with paper muffin cups.
- Sweeten berries to taste with 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar.
- Into a large bowl, sift flour, salt, baking powder, and 2 tablespoons sugar.
- In another bowl, beat egg and milk well; add vegetable oil.
- Make a well in the center of flour mixture; pour in the milk mixture. Stir quickly just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Batter will still be lumpy. Add the berries; stir in to coat.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full; sprinkle each muffin with a little sugar.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until done.
Calories per serving: 158
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Peach Pecan Muffins
Cranberry Nut Muffins