Veal Chops With Sour Cream
by Updated April 16, 2017,
These veal chops are cooked with bacon drippings, lemon juice and sour cream. This would also be great with thinned pork cutlets.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Season the veal chops with salt and pepper.
- Whisk the eggs in a shallow bowl.
- Put the flour in another shallow bowl.
- Dip meat into eggs and then into flour to coat well.
- Heat bacon drippings in skillet; brown meat on both sides. Add water. Cover the skillet and cook slowly until chops are tender, about 1 hour.
- Sprinkle chops with lemon juice and arrange on heated platter.
- Blend 1 tablespoon flour with pan drippings, stirring until smooth. Stir in sour cream; cook for about 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Do not boil.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve with veal chops.
Calories per serving: 428
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
More Veal Recipes
Osso Buco, Braised Veal Shanks
Veal Cutlets with Mushroom Sauce
Veal with Paprika Cream