Hearty Fish Chowder
by Updated April 10, 2017,
This is a delicious fish chowder, made with haddock, potatoes, onion, and optional white wine. Herbs and seasonings give this fish chowder great flavor.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter; add onions, carrots and celery, stirring and cooking until onion is tender.
- Add fish, potatoes, bay leaf, salt, thyme, pepper, and wine or water.
- Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until fish is cooked.
- Break fish into chunks. Add milk and remaining 1 tablespoon butter; heat through.
- Discard bay leaf, sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Calories per serving: 379
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe