Fresh Strawberry Pie
by Updated April 10, 2017,
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
Use a homemade or frozen baked pie shell for this strawberry pie recipe. This pie is a delicious spring pie, great for an Easter dinner or special spring or summer occasion. Allow a little extra time for strawberries to stand with sugar.
Prep Time: 10 minutes plus chilling time
Total Time: 10 minutes
- Combine sugar and strawberries; let stand at room temperature for an hour or two, or until juicy. Drain juices into a saucepan, and bring the juices to a boil.
- In a bowl mix together the water, butter, and cornstarch. Add this mixture to the strawberry juice mixture in the saucepan; continue cooking, covered, over low heat for 2 minutes.
- Cool slightly and stir in strawberries.
- Pour into baked pie shell; chill thoroughly.
- Top with whipped cream topping or purchased whipped topping. Cover and store and leftovers in the refrigerator.
Calories per serving: 283
Adapted from "Peter Christian's Recipes"
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Strawberry Crunch Cake
Berry Strawberry Parfait
Old-Fashioned Strawberry Shortcake