by Updated April 10, 2017,
This is a flavorful crab casserole, nicely flavored with a little Tabasco, clam juice, and dry mustard.
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 42 minutes
- Heat the oven to 400 F.
- In a heavy skillet, melt butter over medium low heat; add onions, mushrooms, and green pepper and sauté until tender. Add salt, pepper, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and Tabasco sauce.
- Stir in flour; blend well and cook for 1 minute. Add the hot milk and hot clam juice.
- Stir in beaten egg yolks.
- Cook over low heat, stirring, for about 10 minutes.
- Add crab meat and cook for 5 minutes longer. Put mixture in lightly greased casserole and top with buttered bread crumbs.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until casserole is heated through and bread crumbs are lightly browned.
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Seafood Sandwich Spread
Fish & Seafood Recipes