Chocolate Icebox Pie
by Updated April 10, 2017,
This delicious chocolate pie filling is made with German chocolate, cream, and powdered sugar, with a vanilla wafer crumb crust.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- Mix vanilla wafer crumbs, chopped nuts, and melted butter. Press half of the crumb mixture into the bottom of a buttered glass pie plate. Chill crust thoroughly.
- Melt chocolate with water in a double boiler or in saucepan over low heat. Stir until a smooth paste. Cool.
- Whip cream; fold in the cooled chocolate mixture and the confectioners' sugar. Add vanilla and pour over chilled crumbs.
- Top with remaining crumbs.
- Chill thoroughly before serving.
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Amaretto Chocolate Pie Recipe
Chocolate Angel Pie