by Updated April 10, 2017,
Cinnamon twists are similar to cinnamon rolls, made with yeast and a cinnamon and pecan filling.
Prep Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 35 minutes
- In a large mixing bowl mix milk, butter, sugar, salt, and vanilla. Add yeast mixture and half of the flour. Cover and let rest 15 minutes.
- Add remaining flour and eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Cover and let rise in a warm place until double, about an hour. The dough will be very soft.
- In a shallow bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, and pecans.
- Drop dough by large spoonfuls into the cinnamon mixture, rolling each piece until about 7 or 8 inches long.
- Twist into desired shapes and place on well-greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes at 375 F.
- Baked cinnamon twists may be frozen.
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Cinnamon Buns with Bisquick