by Updated April 10, 2017,
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
Here's a delicious basic mealoaf with bread crumbs, lean ground beef, and other seasonings. Top this meatloaf with cheese and tomato slices just before it's done.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour 20 Minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, onion, milk, ketchup, eggs, salt, pepper, and oregano. Mix gently until well blended.
- Shape into a loaf (about 8-by-5 inches) in a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking pan.
- Arrange tomato slices on top of the loaf.
- Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Place cheese slices, overlapping, over the tomatoes the last 5 to 10 minutes.
Calories per serving (based on 6 servings): 276
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
More Meatloaf Recipes
Cajun Meat Loaf
Quick and Easy Meatloaf
Meatloaf Recipe with Barbecue Sauce