by Updated April 9, 2017,
This is a basic spaetzle recipe, great to make as little dumplings or noodles for stew or other hearty meat dishes.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 8 Minutes
Total Time: 18 minutes
- Sift flour and salt into a mixing bowl. Add egg; mix. Add water gradually until batter is stiff but smooth.
- Press dough flat on a plate or floured board.
- With a sharp knife, scrape small pieces of dough off and drop into boiling salted water. There should be only one layer at a time of spaetzle cooking.
- Boil gently for 5 to 8 minutes, or until done to your taste. Remove with perforated spoon and let drain.
- Serve as a side dish with meat. Serve right away or saute the finished spaetzle in butter until golden and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
You Might Also Like