Honey Date Muffin Recipe
by Updated April 9, 2017,
Dates, walnuts, and honey make these streusel topped muffins extra tasty. Make these for a weekend treat or lunchbox snack.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Cinnamon Streusel Topping
- Heat the oven to 375 F.
- Add the flour to a mixing bowl with the baking powder and salt; stir or whisk to blend and then set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg with honey. Add milk and melted butter.
- Stir the honey mixture into the flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in the chopped dates and all but the reserved 2 tablespoons of the chopped walnuts.
- Combine brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Cut 1 tablespoon butter into the flour mixture to make a crumbly mixture; add reserved 2 tablespoons of chopped walnuts.
- Spoon muffin batter evenly into 12 greased and floured muffin cups.
- Sprinkle Cinnamon Streusel Topping over each muffin.
- Bake muffins for 18 to 22 minutes, or until nicely browned.
- Cool for 2 or 3 minutes in pan; turn out, loosening with knife or spatula if necessary.
Serve warm. Makes 12 muffins.
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Apple Walnut Muffins
Raspberry Muffins with Streusel Topping
Apple Crunch Muffins