Banana Butterscotch Pie
by Updated April 8, 2017,
Use a vanilla wafer crust if you'd like that banana pudding flavor. If you like butterscotch pie and bananas, you will love this pie!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 17 minutes
- In top of double boiler, combine brown sugar, flour, and salt. Gradually stir in milk. Cook over boiling water until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Cover and cook 10 minutes longer, stirring occasionally. Add about 2/3 cup of the hot mixture to egg yolks while stirring vigorously; return to mixture in pan and cook 2 minutes longer.
- Add butter and vanilla to the filling; let cool.
- Place alternate layers of filling and sliced bananas in pastry shell.
- Chill and cover with whipped cream topping.
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Crumb Pie Shell
Pat-in-the-Pan Pie Crust