Warm Potato Salad With Smoked Sausage
by Updated April 7, 2017,
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
This potato salad is flavored with some Cajun or Creole seasoning along with bacon and smoked sausage. For a spicy salad, use andouille sausage.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- Put the potatoes in a saucepan with water to cover. Place the pan over high heat and bring to a boil. Cover the pan, reduce the heat to medium-low, and continue boiling gently for about 10 to 15 minutes, or just until the potatoes are tender. Drain the potatoes and leave the cover ajar to let any excess moisture evaporate.
- In a large skillet, saute the bacon until almost crisp; remove to paper towels to drain.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the drippings in the skillet. Saute the diced sausage with red onion until sausage is lightly browned and onion is softened. Stir in Creole seasoning and pepper.
- Put drained warm potatoes in a large bowl. Add the bacon and the sausage mixture and gently toss.
- In a small saucepan, heat the vinegar, sugar, and water until sugar is dissolved. Drizzle over the potato mixture and gently toss to blend ingredients. Serve warm.
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Classic Dublin Coddle
German Potato Salad