Easy Skillet Recipes
Pasta, Cheese, etc.
Soups and Stews
Recipes From Visitors
Tomato Cream Sauce with Penne Pasta
Photo Credit: Dianaskitchen.com
Easy Tomato Cream Sauce for Pasta
This is a simple preparation, made with crushed tomatoes, garlic, and herbs. Heavy cream is added to the sauce just before serving.
Toss the sauce with hot cooked penne pasta, spaghetti, or your favorite.
Prep Time: 6 minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 26 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup cup finely chopped onion
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) crused tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar, optional
Heat the oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes and basil and continue cooking for 10 minutes.
Add the cream, sugar, if using, and salt and pepper, to taste. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes longer.
Serve with hot cooked pasta.
Garnish with fresh chopped basil, parsley, or Parmesan cheese.
Serves 4 to 6
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Slow Cooker Bolognese Sauce
Meaty Spaghetti Sauce
Spaghetti with Meatballs