Easy Rice With Green Chile and Cheese
by Updated April 6, 2017,
This tasty rice casserole is made in layers, with cheese, chile peppers, and sour cream.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: Total Time: 45 minutes
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Add the salt, butter, and rice. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the water is absorbed. Remove, stir, and set aside.
- Heat the oven to 350°. Butter a 2-quart baking dish.
- Combine the sour cream, green chiles, and 1 cup of the cheese.
- In the baking dish, layer about one third of the rice and one third of the sour cream mixture. Repeat the layers two more times. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
Calories per serving: 420
Fat per serving: 22.8
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Related Rice Recipes
Spanish Rice Recipe
Lentils and Rice