Cornish Game Hens Roasted With Cilantro Butter
by Updated April 6, 2017,
Photo Credit: Dianaskitchen.com
Cilantro, butter, garlic, and lime zest give these easy Cornish game hens unique flavor. The game hens are roasted to perfection with the butter mixture.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hours 15 minutes
- Heat the oven to 375 F.
- In a bowl, combine the softened butter with the lime zest, juice, minced garlic, and the fresh chopped cilantro. Mash and blend well with a fork.
- Gently separate the skin from the breast meat and tuck a few teaspoons of the cilantro butter mixture evenly under the skin of each hen.
- Arrange the game hens in a roasting pan.
- Put any remaining cilantro butter mixture in the cavity of the birds or rub some over the skin. Sprinkle the hens lightly with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Roast the Cornish game hens for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until the birds register at least 165 F on an instant read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the thigh of a hen.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Tip:If you aren't a fan of cilantro, feel free to replace it with parsley. Or use basil with lemon instead of lime.
Basic Roast Chicken