Photo Credit: Dianaskitchen.com
Single-Serve Broccoli Rice Casseroles
These individual broccoli rice casseroles would be perfect with grilled steaks or chicken. The easy single-serve casseroles can be made a day in advance and baked the next day.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Make-Ahead Tip: Refrigerate the topping cheese and prepared casseroles separately. Take the casseroles out of the refrigerator about 10 minutes before baking. Bake in the preheated 375 F oven for about 20 minutes, or until hot. Top with the cheese and continue baking for 5 to 10 minutes longer.
- Heat the oven to 375 F.
- Butter four 1-cup ramekins or 8-ounce baking dishes.
- Steam fresh broccoli in a steaming basket over simmering water until just tender or cook frozen broccoli following package directions.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the chopped onion to the butter and cook, stirring, for about 4 minutes. Stir in the flour. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add The milk, pepper, mustard, and garlic powder. Cook, stirring, until the sauce is thickened. Stir in 1/2 cup of the cheese.
- Taste and add salt, as needed.
- In a bowl, combine the sauce with the cooked rice and steamed broccoli. Stir to blend thoroughly.
- Spoon the broccoli and rice mixture into the prepared baking dishes.
- Top with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until hot and cheese is melted.
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Broccoli Crunch Salad Recipe
Easy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole
Broccoli Rice Casserole