Chicken with Mushrooms
by Updated April 1, 2017,
Photo Credit: Dianaskitchen.com
This easy chicken dish is made with browned chicken, bacon, and onion soup mix, along with mushrooms and wine. This is an easy and flavorful chicken recipe.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
- In a 6-quart Dutch oven or large, heavy saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon and set aside.
- Add chicken to bacon drippings and brown over medium heat, turning several times to brown evenly. Remove chicken; set aside.
- In same Dutch oven, add mushrooms and garlic; cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, for 4 minutes.
- Return chicken and bacon to the pot, then add soup mix blended with water, wine or broth, and thyme.
- Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 35 to 45 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.
Calories per serving: 457
Fat per serving: 27.9g
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
More Chicken Recipes
Skillet Chicken Cacciatore
Chicken Thighs with Rice
Easy Skillet Chicken with Grapes
Skillet Apricot Chicken