Island Style Ham and Sweet Potatoes
Updated April 2, 2017
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- Cook, then mash potatoes. Add 1 tablespoon butter, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and enough milk to make smooth.
- Heat oven to 375 F.
- In a skillet saute the ham in 2 tablespoons butter stirring until golden. Add green pepper and pineapple chunks. Cook 2 or 3 minutes.
- In a bowl combine the brown sugar, cornstarch, juice, and vinegar; stir into the skillet. Cook, stirring until thickened and clear.
- Pour mixture into 9 inch pie plate or casserole dish.
- Drop spoonfuls of potato on top.
- Bake ham and sweet potato casserole until hot, about 20 to 25 minutes.
Recipe is adapted from All-Maine Cooking
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
More Ham Recipes
Macaroni Salad With Ham
Ham Steaks with Pineapple, Slow Cooker or Oven
Pork Recipes Index