Chinese Braised Pork Loin
Updated April 2, 2017
This boneless pork loin roast is a snap to prepare and simmer on the stovetop. The Asian style ingredients add lots of flavor to this tasty pork roast.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 50 minutes
- Rub the pork with the garlic, salt, and pepper.
- In a deep skillet (with cover) or Dutch oven, quickly brown the pork on all sides. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of drippings fat.
- In a saucepan, combine the honey, soy sauce, broth, and sherry; bring to a boil and pour over the pork.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for 1 1/2 hours, or until tender.
- Baste and turn the pork several times during the cooking. Remove the pork.
- Cook the spinach in the pan juices for 2 minutes.
- Heap the spinach in the center of a serving dish; slice the pork and arrange over the spinach.
- Try other vegetables, adjusting cooking times accordingly. Serve with rice or other vegetables.
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
More Pork Roast Recipes
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
Pork Recipes Index