Herbed Pork Chops with Wine
by Updated April 1, 2017,
Photo Credit: Dianaskitchen.com
These pork chops are easy to prepare and fuss-free to cook in the skillet. Just brown, cover, and simmer. Feel free to replace the wine with chicken or beef stock, preferably salt-free.
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 53 minutes
- Combine sage, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper. Press a little of this herb mixture firmly into both sides of each chop.
- Over medium heat in a large heavy skillet, melt butter and oil. Brown chops on both sides, turning gently with tongs. Remove pork chops and pour off all but a small amount of the drippings from pan.
- Add about 1/2 cup of the wine and bring to boil.
- Return chops to pan. Cover, reduce heat and simmer until chops are tender when pressed with tip of knife, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- When ready to serve, remove chops to heated plate. Add remaining wine to skillet and quickly boil down to a syrupy glaze.
- Pour the sauce over the pork chops.
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
More Pork Chops
Breaded Boneless Pork Chops
Pork Recipes Index