Scallops with Spinach
by Updated March 31, 2017,
Tasty bay scallops are baked with pasta, spinach, and a creamy garlic and Parmesan sauce. This is an elegant but easy dish to prepare.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 26 minutes
Total Time: 46 minutes
- Heat the oven to 425 F.
- Place spinach stems in food processor with garlic; process to mince well.
- Melt butter in heavy skillet over medium low heat. Stir in garlic mixture and saute until spinach stems are very soft, about 8 minutes.
- Add heavy cream and simmer for about 5 minutes, or until reduced by half.
- Coarsely chop the spinach leaves in processor in batches using pulse.
- Add spinach leaves to cream mixture with nutmeg and pepper. Increase heat to high and cook until spinach is heated through, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in about half of the Parmesan cheese, scallops, and pasta.
- Transfer to shallow baking dish and sprinkle remaining Parmesan cheese over top.
- Bake until scallops are opaque but not overcooked, about 8 to 12 minutes. Serve immediately.
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
More Recipes with Scallops
Scallops with Lemon Butter and Paprika
Scallops with Garlic
Scallops and Spicy Tomatoes with Fettucine
Fish and Seafood Recipe Index