by Updated March 31, 2017,
Feel free to make this dish with ziti or penne pasta. This is a great pasta casserole to bake for a potluck or everyday family meal.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Cook mostaccioli until al dente in boiling salted water. Drain and set
- In a large skillet, combine the ground beef, sausages, onion, green pepper and garlic. Cook while stirring and breaking up meat until meat is browned. Drain off fat.
- To the meat in the skillet, add all remaining ingredients, except egg and cheeses. Bring the sauce to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, combine egg and cheeses.
- To assemble, stir the cooked pasta into meat sauce.
- Place half in 1 quart buttered baking dish.
- Spread cheese mixture evenly over the top. Cover with remaining pasta.
- Bake, covered, for 30 to 35 minutes or until cooked through.
Calories per serving: 548
Fat per serving: 29.3g
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Back to Casserole Recipes