Photo Credit: Dianaskitchen.com
This is a delicious appetizer recipe for stuffed clams with herbs, butter, and a little bacon. These make a great first course or appetizer for a special party.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 32 minutes
- Open the clams (or oysters or mussels) and set aside the best 2 dozen
- Spread a layer of rock salt in pie pans and nestle the selected shells in the salt.
- Fry the bacon gently until it has rendered all of its fat, then drain on paper towels.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Mix the butter with the green onions, parsley and herbs, green pepper, Tabasco, lemon juice, and Worcestershire.
- Put a clam in each shell and top with a dollop of the butter mixture.
- Grind a little pepper over each.
- Break up the bacon into 24 pieces and set a piece on top of each filled shell.
- Broil under the hot broiler for 6 to 8 minutes, until the herb butter is sizzling and the bacon is crisp.
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Red Clam Sauce
Casino Stuffed Mushrooms