Stuffed Mushrooms with Crabmeat
Crab stuffed mushrooms are made with Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, good quality crabmeat, and seasonings. These make a delicious appetizer for any party. Use fresh grated Parmesan cheese in these stuffed mushrooms for the very best flavor.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Makes 24 Appetizers
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Carefully pick over the crab to remove any shell fragments.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of the butter in a saute pan. Add the onions and saute over medium heat until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the flour and cook an additional 3 minutes. Then add the milk and cook 5 to 6 minutes longer, stirring, until thick and creamy. Do not let the mixture scorch. Remove from heat.
- Add the crab, salt cayenne pepper, and 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese to the pan and combine well. Stir in the bread crumbs and parsley. At this point the mixture should be thick and spoonable. Let the mixture cool to room temperature.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in another saute pan and saute the mushroom caps for about 3 minutes, or until tender. Drain the caps and let cool.
- Mound 1 tablespoon of the stuffing in each mushroom cap; sprinkle them with the remaining 6 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese.
- Place caps on a greased baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, until hot and bubbling. Serve hot.
Recipe adapted from "The Red Lion Inn Cookbook"
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Cajun Stuffed Mushrooms
Grilled Portobello Mushroom Caps