These delicious stuffed clams are perfect for a big dinner, a special gathering or party. Use clams or mussels in this tasty appetizer or first course.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- Inspect the clams and discard any clam that is not completely closed or does not close when dropped into cold water. Open the clams, loosen each one from its shell, and reserve its liquid. Discard the top shells. Place clams on the half shell on a baking sheet.
- In a bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, oregano, parsley, cheese, olive oil, 2 tablespoons of the wine, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of the stuffing mixture over the top of each clam.
- Strain the reserved clam juice and sprinkle it over the stuffing.
- Pour the remaining 2 tablespoons of wine into the bottom of the baking pan.
- Preheat the broiler for about 5 minutes. Then broil the clams under high heat until the breadcrumbs begin to brown. Pour the liquid in the baking sheet over the clams and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from : "Christmas Memories with Recipes" (Edward Giobbi)
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Clams Casino Recipe
Baked Clam Appetizer
Clam Chowder Recipe